1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: how do i get rid of this stubborn dll?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by clawskitty, Mar 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clawskitty

clawskitty Thread Starter

OK, not sure where I picked this up, but McAfee is telling me that I have Adware-Hotbar (seems to only try diong something when the screen saver is on, i never see it any other time unless the saver comes on and I come back to pc) the Location of it is "C:\System Volume Information\_restore{4E015214-6BB0-4181-B365-456CF1DEC069}\RP375\A0062165.dll" but I am not allowed to access this area. The other problem I have is when I tell McAfee to delete it, it says it cant cause it might be a bundle of something.

Now here's the problem. I did download something, but promptly decided that it had to go, so I uninstalled it using the program uninstall option for that program. Since my puter was still acting a little funny, in rolled it back to the day before i originaly downloaded that program, and now I still have this thing popping up. Any clues as to what I can do to get rid of it?

PC specs are E machine T5048 Running XP sp2

2. karbo

karbo Banned

The C:\SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION folder is used by System Restore

These bugs make sure they won't get flushed away when you make a System Restore...

To flush the restore points, I simply use this procedure:

Clear your 'System Restore' points by doing the following:
    Right-click on 'My Computer' and select 'Properties'.
    Select 'System Restore'.
    Select 'Turn Off System Restore On All Drives'.
    Select 'Apply'.
    You will then get the following warning:
    "You have chosen to turn off System Restore.
    If you continue, all existing restore points will be deleted, and you will not be able to track or undo changes to your computer.
    Do you want to turn off System Restore?".
    Then select 'Yes', your 'System Restore' directories will be purged.

Restart your pc.

Turn 'System Restore' back on:
    Right click on 'My Computer' and select 'Properties'.
    Select 'System Restore'.
    Unselect 'Turn Off System Restore On All Drives'.
    Select 'Apply',then click 'Ok'.

Create another Restore point from there.

3. clawskitty

clawskitty Thread Starter

Awesome! its not happening anymore. Thank you so much, this is great! that box was getting really annoying!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697957

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice