1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: How Do I Make A Bootable XP2 Bootable CD?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by HowdeeDoodee, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. HowdeeDoodee

HowdeeDoodee Thread Starter

I have XP SP1 on one CD. I installed XP and SP1 on my computer and then upgraded to XP 2. I slipstreamed both the bootable XP & SP1 and SP 2 upgrade into one directory. Together XP, SP1, and SP2 amout to about 800 meg. How do I get the combined 800 meg onto one bootable source like a CD?

The reason I want to do this is because I am getting error messages on bootup to drive C requiring me to do a Windows repair. I cannot do a windows repair on my C drive because my C drive has SP1 and SP2, while my bootable windows CD has only SP1. Currently I am booting up using a floppy.

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

You should be able to create a bootable ISO with AutoStreamer. You don't need both the service packs because they are cumalative. Nlite will also be able to do this for you as well as RyanVM. There is also instructions on the web to do it manually.

3. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

4. HowdeeDoodee

I used auto streamer and the resulting iso was 808 meg. The 808 meg. represents XP, SR1, and SR2.

What do I do now?

5. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

I don't know what you did wrong but I had to test it just to see if what you say is true. I just created a slipstreamed XP SP2 install ISO with AutoStreamer and it came out to 609MB.

6. vicks

vicks

Why not just get the XP SP3 disk. It is my understanding that it contains all of the updates to that point, replacing the SP1 & SP2.
    vicks

7. HowdeeDoodee

Thank you for the replies. It turns out my original issue was a bad hard drive. Thank you again.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/836953

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice