1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: How do I move files on Android tablet?

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by PAT W, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PAT W

PAT W Thread Starter

Hello there. I'm new to using a tablet and have downloaded a couple of pdf files and they have gone into a folder/app called downloads. How do I move them somewhere else? I have a Gemini Joytab 9.7. The instruction book that came with it doesn't explain this .
    Thanks
    Pat W

2. _David

_David

Download a File Manager app from the Play Store. I use Root Explorer.

Jelly Bean 4.2.1 (JellyB-TSM) / Apex Pro / BreezeHD theme

[​IMG]

3. PAT W

PAT W Thread Starter

Thanks very much for that. I'm finding that using a tablet is quite a bit different to what I imagined so I'm learning something new all the time.

Pat W

4. _David

_David

No problem. Android phones and tablets are basically the same. Some manufacturers just use custom UI's that might make an average user confused.

If you have any other Android questions, let me know. I'm an Android developer. :thumbup:

Don't forget, if you want to view those PDF files, you will need Adobe Reader, which is in the Play Store.

Jelly Bean 4.2.1 (JellyB-TSM) / Apex Pro / BreezeHD theme

[​IMG]

5. smithjames260

smithjames260

In order to do this, you should first download a file manager. A file manager is where you can see all of your files, this is where you can manage your files. It has options like move and copy.

6. PAT W

PAT W Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. I'll be back if I have any more problems.

Pat W

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086123

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice