Solved: How do I prevent MPREXE.EXE from running in background?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cronista

Some utilities indicate that MPREXE.EXE is running in the background on my machine. I understand that this has to do with networking.
I have Win98. I am not on a network, and don't want to be.
PC Pitstop has an article on MPREXE.EXE. It says that this program should "not be running in the background if networking is configured correctly."
The program doesn't affect my operation. But if I have something running that does not need to be running, I should disable it, at least. Each little gain on available resources is a blessing.

Start>Settings>Control Panel>Network displays the following under the Configuration tab:
Client for Microsoft Networks
Microsoft Family Logon
Dial-Up Adapter
Dial-Up Adapter #2 (VPN Support)
Microsoft TV/Video Connection
Microsoft Virtual Private Networking Adapter
PCI Fast Ethernet DEC 21143 Based Adapter
NDISWAN -> Microsoft Virtual Private Networking Adapter
TCP/IP -> Dial-up Adapter #2 (VPN Support)
TCP/IP -> Microsoft TV/Video Connection
TCP/IP ->PI Fast Ethernet DEC 21143 Based Adaptter
File and printer sharing for Microsoft Networks​
What can I do so that MPREXE.EXE doesn't run in the background?
Cordially,
Cronista

It also runs if you are running a dial up cpnnection to your ISP and is NORMAL!!

cronista

Rockn:
Thank you thank you thank you!
Yes, I have a dial-up connection to my ISP.
That explaines it all!
I never had such a fast response!
Best Regards,
Cronista

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!