Solved: How do I remove Administrator password from XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Margstertz

I am computer challenged! I have Windows XP Pro dial up. I was trying to download AVG Free edition which I have done before with no problem. I made several attempts and was told to remove other antivirus spy ware. That seemed to be working after 4 hrs I was asked for my administrator password. I didn't have one and I never had to do it before. I was advised to create one, so I did. That didn't work either now its worse for other things as well. Is there a way to get rid of the password and restore it to back to were it was originally. I tried system restore but that didn't work. Thanks!:confused:

Got to Control Panel | User Accounts
Select the account
Click Remove my password.
Enter the current password and click Remove password.

Margstertz

Thanks! Unfortunatly there is no remove password only change password. and manage password.It shows my email (passport) and has add and delete. I was afraid if i delete I would lose my email address?

JennyJackson01

Account Closed
As OutCaste suggested, log into the relevant account and opt to change the password. You then leave it blank although it`ll ask you for the existing password to confirm that you`re the correct person changing it.

Jenny

Margstertz

Thank you Jenny and OutCaste! boy I'm glad I found this site! It worked. Now if I could only download AVG antivirus free in less then 8hrs. LOL can't wait to get high speed.LOL

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online