1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: How do I remove all traces of Yahoo! from Firefox?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by psam3, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. psam3

psam3 Thread Starter

I carelessly installed Yahoo! toolbar while installing a program that for some reason comes with it. I uninstalled the toolbar from Add/Remove programs, but it still exists. I can go to View, Toolbars and turn it on. There is also a Yahoo! menu item between Bookmarks and Tools. Also when I right click inside of Firefox, there is a Yahoo! option. It mostly bothers me because I didn't even want to install it at all. It bothers me even more because I uninstalled it and everything is still there. I just want all traces of Yahoo! out of my Firefox. Can I do this without uninstalling Firefox?

Thanks

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I'm guessing that it is an add-on. In Firefox:; Tools - Add-ons - Extensions - if Yahoo! is there uninstall it. Then look at Plugins and see if there is any Yahoo! stuff to disable there.

So far I have been lucky--have discovered it each time before it sneaked in with Java or whatever.

3. psam3

psam3 Thread Starter

All I had to do was uninstall the Add-on, Thanks :)

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You're welcome. :) You can mark this Solved using the button at the upper left of the page.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914892

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice