Solved: How do I remove fired isp info safely ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tryntalern

Hi guys !
As you may have guessed I fired (terminated) my last isp...(or as Chuck would say my Internet Service Provider :p)
I recently went from dial up to broadband ((which is wonderful!!!!))

but now I have all this peoplepc junk in my files... what's the best & safest way to delete them ? yes : I already deleted all info from the actual webmail site etc.

ps..Can I say DON'T USE THEM>>>THEY STINK ?

Thanx in advance...RJ

DoubleHelix

Banned
What kind of "junk" are you talking about? If any software was uninstalled, remove it through Add/Remove Programs.

tryntalern

The "junk" I'm referring to is all the files including desktop and shortcuts input from the fired isp. I want to make sure it's out of my system, but when I bring up my add/remove programs....it shows nothing next to their icon for info/files. I don't want to cause issues...can I just right click & delete from "start pop up menu" ?

DoubleHelix

Banned
I would recommend not deleting anything in the registry. No matter how benign you think an entry is, you could cause serious problems. The risk is just not worth it.

Desktop shortcuts can just be deleted. Other than that, I still don't know what you mean by "junk". Be specific. Where, in what applications, are you seeing your old ISP's name?

tryntalern

Thanx Everyone
I did get my junk drawer tidied up...as suggested, through add/remove programs. It appears rhat even though there are files or a file size shown, they're still in there ! Who knew ? Well,yaw'l did. Thank you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online