1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: How do I remove the small th etc after writing date

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by sandyocean, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sandyocean

sandyocean Thread Starter

HELP please. Where do I change the auto change that occurs after I write the date - 13th (for example ) and it immediately changes to a small 'th' set high - and consequently so does everything that is typed after it!!!

2. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

It would help to know what software (and version) you're asking about.

3. sandyocean

Oh sorry . I am using Word 2002

4. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    It goes into superscript mode to put the th at the top.
    It shouldn't stay there for the rest of your typing, but apparently that one does.
    Try pressing
    CTRL SHIFT =
    to flip between superscript and normal text.

5. sandyocean

Thanks for that. That works, at least its something - but of course I have to do every time I write a date to make the change - and I write a lot of dates!! I dont have Superscript ticked in the Font Box, so I have no idea why it is even happening.

6. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    Use the Tools| AutoCorrect menu option from the main menu. Select the AutoFormat As You Type tab, then in the "Replace as you type" section, uncheck the "Ordinals (1st) with superscript" option. (Alternatively, use the Undo command -- shortcut Ctrl + Z) immediately after the AutoCorrect takes place.)

Source: http://www.uninet.net/~blaisdel/word6.htm

7. sandyocean

Fantastic. Thanks. That did it. Auto Correct. I didn't know where to find it.

8. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    If your problem has been resolved, as the original poster you and only you can click the "mark solved" button at the top of the thread. This will alert others with the same issue that a possible fix can be found here. Likewise it will help to ensure that our volunteers focus on issues which still lack a solution instead of possibly wasting time here.

Glad that it's sorted.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!