Solved: How do I setup a DSL Network???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pop_eye1

What is the best and most inexpensive way to seup a DSL network. I have a SBC DSL connection with a 2wire router supplied by SBC. I want to have 3 PCs connected. 2 with Win XP, 1 with Win ME. HELP!!!!!

Okay, you said it was a "2" wire router - do you mean 1 USB and 1 Ethernet?

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
As far as I know, 2wire makes networking equipment that uses your existing home phone lines in your house. I did not think they make true ethernet routers.

pop_eye1

Yes, any ideas would be helpful. I looked at the web site you ngave me and it said that my model was "Wireless enabled for 802.11b". Does that mean that all I need is some wireless cards "802.11b" for the PCs?

pop_eye1

The "HomePNA" is what you are talking about. I would like to find something a little less expensive than $50.00 per adapter.

Nah, you don't need to. If the pc's are fairly close together.. you could just run wires from a switch. It looks like your model will handle routing and firewall duties, so you don't need to buy a different router..

pop_eye1

These PCs are not very close together. Is the 3Wire router a wireless router also?

It LOOKS like it's also a wireless router..

You'll have to get wireless cards.

Are these towers or laptops or what?

pop_eye1

Towers. #1 is a Athlon 900mhz, #2 is a Athlon 1.6ghz, and #3 is a P2 266mhz.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online