Solved: How do I stop my folders from being seen by another account?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Computer Barbie

How do I stop my personal folders from being seen by another account?

Thanks in advance.

In XP that is solved by creating a password for the account. Try that.

However, if the other account is an administrator, then that account will be able to see all of the hard drive, no matter what.

Computer Barbie

I already have a password for both accounts. I am on vista. My personal folders used to be unviewable by the other account. Something changed on my operating system.

the other account is a standard user's account.

Thank you for replying.

Anyone else have advice?

1002richards

Retired Trusted Advisor
Hi,
If you want something really secure, have you considered TrueCrypt?

• Creates a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mounts it as a real disk.
  • Encrypts an entire partition or storage device such as USB flash drive or hard drive.

http://www.truecrypt.org/

Richard

Computer Barbie

never mind. i could see both accounts because i was logged in to both accounts at the same time.

thank you both for replying.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online