1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: How do I uninstall Bearshare?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by burjap52, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. burjap52

burjap52 Thread Starter

I stupidly downloaded Bearshare and didn't like it and just want it OFF my computer but it will not let me uninstall it the usual ways. Can someone please help me? I know enough about a computer to get by but nothing like you guys, I just hope someone can help me.
    Thanks so much,
    Beth

2. dopangle

dopangle

3. burjap52

burjap52 Thread Starter

When I clicked on processess there was nothing in there that had anything to do with bearshare. Any other ideas that might help?
    Thanks

4. vicks

vicks

First thing to try is:
    click on Start, control panel, then programs and features in Vista or Win 7 (in XP add/remove programs)
    scroll down to Bearshare highlight it then choose remove.
    This should get rid of it.
    Post back and let us know how it goes.
    Vicks

5. burjap52

burjap52 Thread Starter

I tried everything you guys told me to do but nothing worked. Finally for the 100th time I just went into add and remove programs and it actually worked! I couldn't believe it, I had tried that way over and over and all the other things you told me and it finally went through. Anyway, I really appreciate your help and just glad I got that off my computer!
    Beth

6. vicks

vicks

Glad you finally have success!!!!
    Using those types of P2P programs is putting your computer into possible contamination of spyware etc. I would encourage you to avoid them. (also I believe many of them are not legal)
    Feel free to mark this as solved by clicking on the "marked solved" button above your first post...
    Happy Computing :)
    Vicks

7. burjap52

burjap52 Thread Starter

Thanks so much for all the help, glad your around in case I need you!
    Beth

8. brianml

brianml

I too have that disease. Task manager 'Processes' had no references to BS.I had it on my 'Add/Rem' list and it was removed.
    I also did a "Start> search> Bearshare> all files and folders and got a list of 27 hits. I hilited the lot and selected 'Delete'>OK. Some went and a message appeared that said in effect that the rest could not be found or deleted for some other reason.
    I did another search prior to writing this and not a bit of "BS" was found.
    So my question is where to now?This serious so help me please.
    Brian.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/979163

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice