1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: How do I watch jpegs on my TV?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by 4steve44, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4steve44

4steve44 Thread Starter

I want to be able to watch aslideshow of all my pics on my computer on my TV. I tried to play a cdrom with the pics on it but to no avail. Can anyone splain how to do this to me? ;)

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Do you have a stand-alone DVD player connected to the TV?

Many will recognise jpegs and play them automatically (mine both do here).

The trick is to find what media will be recognised by the DVD player. One here will only recognise CD-RW, one is happy with CD-R. Depends on the make and model, some will only recognise DVDs

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

If you install the Microsoft slide-show power toy, a new option appears when you right-click a group of picture files and "Send To" your CD-RW drive. After you open My Computer, File, Burn these files..., the Wizard has a checkbox so that you can install slide-show software to the CD as you are burning the pictures. After that, when you insert the CD, a slide-show starts automatically. Controls appear if you move the mouse to the edge of the screen so that you can configure playback.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/SlideshowPowertoySetup.exe

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269834

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice