Solved: How do I watch jpegs on my TV?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

4steve44

I want to be able to watch aslideshow of all my pics on my computer on my TV. I tried to play a cdrom with the pics on it but to no avail. Can anyone splain how to do this to me? ;)

Do you have a stand-alone DVD player connected to the TV?

Many will recognise jpegs and play them automatically (mine both do here).

The trick is to find what media will be recognised by the DVD player. One here will only recognise CD-RW, one is happy with CD-R. Depends on the make and model, some will only recognise DVDs

If you install the Microsoft slide-show power toy, a new option appears when you right-click a group of picture files and "Send To" your CD-RW drive. After you open My Computer, File, Burn these files..., the Wizard has a checkbox so that you can install slide-show software to the CD as you are burning the pictures. After that, when you insert the CD, a slide-show starts automatically. Controls appear if you move the mouse to the edge of the screen so that you can configure playback.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/SlideshowPowertoySetup.exe

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online