1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: How does this setup look for the price?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by izicmirza, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. izicmirza

izicmirza Thread Starter

I am so sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum, I am still very new here.

I just want to start by thanking you guys. I have posted two questions my entire history here, and they have all been answered fully within just a few hours, so thank you thank you thank you! You guys really make newbies feel better about taking on problems and troubleshooting!

Ok, so my budget for this PC was about $950, and I feel like i did a decent job and picking the hardware (i am not 100% confident that I am not missing anything major, nor am I sure if its all compatible!).

http://i49.tinypic.com/zxlgds.png

Thank you again in advance for any help/advice!

Oh wow I bet it would help if you could see the prices lol:

Case - 49.99
    Dvd drive - 15.99
    2TB HDD - 99
    GPU - 219.99
    PSU - 52.00
    RAM - 79.99
    Mobo- 189.99
    CPU - 199.99

2. Simba7

Simba7

Looks alright. I'm not 100% about the PSU, though.

3. izicmirza

izicmirza Thread Starter

Do you think it isnt powerful enough for the GPU?

4. Simba7

Simba7

It's not the power. It's the quality. Some power supplies have a tendency to be rated much higher than they're capable of. The result? A fried system.. or worse.

Do some research on that PSU before you make it your final decision. Remember, this thing is powering your entire system. Don't skimp on it.

5. izicmirza

izicmirza Thread Starter

6. Simba7

Simba7

7. izicmirza

izicmirza Thread Starter

Honestly my budget is a very hard $1000 so anything over that I am having to scrape the barrel, so if there are any places in the build I can cut some that would be awesome haha.

Hmm...I guess I'll just tweak it a bit. Is anything else a bit overkill? Like I know I dont really need 2tb when I would never even fill up a 500gb hdd (i only play 3 games regularly, and dont really torrent anything), and ive been told anything over 8gb is overkill..

What do you think?

ps. if you are ever in lexington nc ill totally buy you a beer for this advice i really appreciate it :)

8. Simba7

Simba7

I modified my post above. These two, from the research, look like great power supplies and are around your watt requirements and price range.

9. izicmirza

izicmirza Thread Starter

Thank you so much! I have replaced the PSU i had with the second one you listed, and it brought be down to 966! Perfect!

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088613

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice