1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: How is this possible???

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Beta19, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beta19

Beta19 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Adam
    How is it possble for me to have all of these fricking connections????? See attached pic. I know that these are not all actual physical network adapters. Can I get rid of them/uninstall them??? Can this cause internet issues? They were ALL ENABLED before I took the pic.

***I also added a screenshot of my network adapters in my device manager....can someone possibly explain these to me. I know they are not physical, I just don't want to screw something up.

Attached Files:

2. PcPhoenix

PcPhoenix

You probably installed some software that installs it's own virtual network device for whatever reason. VPN software often does this. Maybe it bugged out or maybe you reinstalled the software many times and it kept adding adapters.

Either way, you should be perfectly fine right clicking each one in device manager and pressing "uninstall". If you accidentally uninstall a real device it will just comeback after you reboot, though you might need to install drivers again for it.

Just uninstall each one.

3. Beta19

Beta19 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Adam
    Thanks, PcPhoenix, that's what I figured, but I just wanted a little more expert advice before I proceeded. Thanks Again!!

Adam

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!