1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Solved) how? put music files on CD & back to PC

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by naeem2, Jul 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. naeem2

naeem2 Thread Starter

Hi,
    My hard drive is full of music files. Someone said I can use my Nero burning software to save these files on CD's and then put these CD's back in my CD rom and re-save the files to my PC, so they do not have to be stored on my computer. The files I have are mp3 and burned by Nero to wave. How to do this? What kind of files do I burn these at so they can be put back on my computer and then played as normal on Media Player or re-burned? Thanks.

2. JustMe2

JustMe2

First Name:
    Crystal
    Don't make a music cd out of them. That's why Nero is turning them into wave files.
    Use Nero to do a backup of data files, and it should work okay.
    JustMe2

3. naeem2

naeem2 Thread Starter

ok...thanks....I'll try that...and sorry for the delay..out of the country a while..

4. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR

If you save them back in the computer you have saved nothing. If you are trying to save space, burn them as MP3 and "play" them in your CDROM. Burn MP3 files as "data" and they will not be changed into "regular" music CDs. You will be able to store many more in this format. They just won't play on a regular CD player. They will play in your computer and in many DVD players.

5. naeem2

naeem2 Thread Starter

what I was trying to do was save all the files on disk, so that I can put them back on my computer for burning, so as not to have 100's of music files just sitting there taking up space. I do not use MP3, no MP3 player and need the files to play on any CD player, so somebody said just save the files on disk, delete them from your computer and when you want to burn them again, insert the disc and save the files to your music folder and then burn...not sure how to do all this though...if Nero saves as data to disk can data be converted back to music?

6. Moby

Moby

What file format are the music files on your computer?
    Windows media player is an mp3 player and yes nero can convert these back to audio files to play on a normal stereo.

7. naeem2

naeem2 Thread Starter

I am not sure the file format on my music files. I have burned CD's using Nero, and they play on all my CD players, even the cheap portable ones. They are wave files, Nero converts them during burning. If something happens to my CD's I just wanted the ability to save them some how, on disk. So, Nero can convert them to data, I save them on disc, re-insert the disc, and Nero will convert them back to wave for burning? Thanks.

8. angry man

angry man

Open the nero burning rom, click 'Audio CD' click 'New' look along the top of the 'File Browser' window it has several headings: 'Name', 'Size' and 'Type' look down this column and it tells you what type of file it is 'Wave Sound' or 'MP3 Format' or whatever.

Make your drag and drop selection as usual, if any files ARE MP3 then RIGHT click on the file in the selection click on' Audio Editor' this will automatically display the file in 'nero wave editor' click 'File' click 'Save As' in the box marked 'File Name' enter the COMPLETE ORIGINAL name of the file check that the box below marked 'Save As Type' has 'PCM Wav file[*.wav;*.wave] entered, click 'Save' repeat as necessary.

9. naeem2

naeem2 Thread Starter

ok...thanks..problem solved.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!