1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: how to allow remote desktop access to customers

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by romeropaul, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. romeropaul

romeropaul Thread Starter

Hi gurus,

I am faced with spending 3k on a web based telescope control program or alternatively allowing customers to access the telescope control computer and applicatgion via remote desktop (ultra vnc). Is there a way to do this easily?

Thanks,

Paul

2. namenotfound

namenotfound

I'm interested in knowing more about the telescope.

I'm of no help, just am interested. Are you looking at stars?

3. romeropaul

romeropaul Thread Starter

Hi there,

Yes it is a amateur telescope observatory located in Reno, NV. The most unique part of the installation is the camera. Using plans I found online, I modified an existing DSLR and added a thermoelectric cooler to produce an imager capable of detecting the most faint nebulae and galaxies.

cya,

Paul

4. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Wow, sounds great. VNC sounds like it would be the way to go -- are you looking for an alternative? I'd also recommend checking out www.logmein.com. It's also free and would allow you to create individual accounts for users, each with their own password. That might make it easier if you ever want to remove someone's access to the machine. The only problem with either VNC or LogMeIn is that one remote user could "step on" another (i.e. they'd both be trying to use the machine at the same time). LogMeIn will display a warning to the second user.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/751772

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice