1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Solved) How to bypass 4 options at startup (ME)

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Darg_mals, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Darg_mals

Darg_mals Thread Starter

Well I did a Kelz32 fix in safe mode shut down pretty much everything by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete except Explorer and Systray. Disabled system restore. Rebooted enabled system restore have unchecked some items in msconfig (startup) to try and free up some more Ram that was only running at 51%. So I am in Selective start up. All went well but now eveytime I start my computer now it takes me into:

Micrsoft Windows Mil Startup Menu (Black Screen before win loads)

1. Normal
    2. Logged (\BOOTLOG.TXT)
    3. Safe mode
    4. Step-by-step

Normal is highlighted if I just wait it will just continue to load windows. My concern though is the kids may end up going into option 4 or something and really messing up the system. How do I get rid of this it never used to come up before.

Oh dear what have I done!

:(

2. Moby

Moby

click start, run, type msconfig, ok
    on the general tab click advanced, uncheck enable start up menu, ok, apply, ok.

3. Darg_mals

Darg_mals Thread Starter

Dang that was good I love this site.

Thanx for your help :cool:

4. Moby

Moby

[tsg=yourewelcome][/tsg]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115942

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice