1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: How To Create A Modified Default WORD Template

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by hellwaits4U, Aug 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hellwaits4U

hellwaits4U Thread Starter

Hello Tech Support Guys!
    I am seeking information concerning how to create a "Default" Template for Microsoft WORD that will include options that I have created, such as the font styles and size, page and paragraph setup, etc. I would like to be able to open new WORD documents with this formatting already applied, rather than have to make the changes every time I open a new document.
    I am using Windows 7, and Microsoft Office 2007.

2. mdl1983

mdl1983

When changing the font settings you have the 'Default...' button at the bottom left of the dialog box, clicking this will allow you to apply the setting for every new document you create from now on.

Here, I've found a link to another site going through the process.

http://www.washburnlaw.edu/technology/howto/defaultfontspacing.php

You can apply the same trail of thought to paragraph settings as well (line spacing, character spacing etc)

3. hellwaits4U

hellwaits4U Thread Starter

Thank You, VERY MUCH, mdl1983!!!!!!!!
    I have been puzzled over this one for some time, and finally, with Your assistance, have accomplished it!!! This will save a ton of time, especially when I need to "Quickly" create a WORD document to get a task done. Again, Thank YOU!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!