Solved: How to delete emails on IMAP server but have a copy of messages available in

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jappiecr

Hi,

I keep receiving notifications that my IMAP mail server is full and need to clean it up by deleting older emails.

I mainly use outlook 2007 to manage my 4 email accounts in 4 seperate folders and so I made .pst backup of all my email accounts but when I delete them from my IMAP and restore the back up there appear again in my IMAP server.

I have tried to make different (offline) folders but it seems I cannot restore a back up in to this. I also tried archiving my folders but since I use 4 different email accounts, the archive keeps overwriting the folders with the last email account selected.

All I want is: place my back up emails in a seperate (offline) folder per account so I can at least access my old emails in Outlook after I have deleted them from my imap server (I understand and accept that than I can only read those emails from my harddrive and not any more on my tablet or phone, but at leas I have one place where I can find them...).

Thanks!
Jappie

TerryNet

Terry
Thunderbird provides a default pseudo-account called Local Folders. Appears that Outlook has a similar capability called Personal Folders or Outlook Data Files. Here is one article. Search for "Outlook local folders" for similar articles.

jappiecr

Hello Terry,

PERFECT!! This is what i needed...thanks for the help!
Jappie

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online