1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: How to delete My Babylon toolbar (a remain of the program)

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by MomAries, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MomAries

MomAries Banned Thread Starter

Hi all, hope you all are doing good this Friday. :)
    I installed Babylon program and then uninstalled. The toolbar can not be uninstalled. I have to get rid of the Babylon toolbar. My problem is this toolbar's files are hidden somewhere on my computer - I already looked in Add/Delete programs, and also looked in the Program files folder. I can't find it anywhere.. :confused:

Any idea what I can do?? Tips, any help will be greatly appreciated!!!
    :)

Have a great weekend!!!!

2. MomAries

OhOh .. nobody knows how to help?? :(

3. ekusonas

ekusonas

Hi,
    What is your internet browser? if is it mozilla firefox, once you made sure that it's gone from the "add/remove programs" go into firefox, click on "tools", and look for "add-ons." See if the BAbylon Toolbar is still in there, there should be an "uninstall" button under Babylon. Click on uninstall and follow the prompts.. the uninstall should complete itself once you relaunch firefox.

4. MomAries

Hi Ekusonas, thank you so much for your help. I followed your directions, and did it. Mission accomplished except for one little thing: some characters from this program still show on the bar that is located right above the "quick launch" bar. I have no idea how to get rid of them. May be eventually they will go away. They don't bother me much, but if possible I'd erase them LOL:p

If you know how pls let me know.
    Again thanks so much for your help Ekusonas!!! I really very much appreciate it.
    :D

I will try to show these characters here if I can attach or paste here.

5. MomAries

I will try to attach here ...

See that little looks like "n" and "Sku"??

Attached Files:

6. ekusonas

ekusonas

where is this located? is it along the toolbar at the top? or at the bottom can you right click on it?

7. MomAries

Ekusonas, I was able to delete it from the FF's download box. Thanks so much !!!!!!!!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/749422