1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: How to delete Partition on Flash Drive?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Mhouser, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mhouser

Mhouser Thread Starter

Anyone know a program that will delete Volumes on SD Card, or possibly a Linux boot disk that can do this?

I installed an image (using USB Image) that has split partitions, now I'm trying to combine all the partitions into one again.
    I was able to format the 1st Volume, 2nd one shows up as Unallocated Space in Computer Management - Disk Management window.

Tried DiskPart on Windows 7 get error "DiskPart cannot delete volumes on removable media"

2. Ent

Ent Josiah Trusted Advisor

You could try, again in DiskPart, selecting the flash drive and issuing the "clean" command.
    If that works, you just have to recreate the single partition from scratch.

List Disk
    Identify the disk number X that you're after.
    Select Disk X
    Clean

3. Mhouser

Mhouser Thread Starter

That worked perfectly. Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1056901