1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: how to delete some URL from the bar address?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by momtaz, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. momtaz

momtaz Thread Starter

Hello guys

I would like to ask if any idea how to delete some specific URLs from the brower address bar?
    I know the steps how to delet and clear all the history, but this option will delete all cookies and some set options,
    I need how to delete some specified unwanted visited websites addresses only,

many thanks in advance,

2. cybersloth

cybersloth

select them in the address bar and press the delete key as far as i know works

3. momtaz

momtaz Thread Starter

how to do this? and how to apply the deletion that won't show the specified and deleted URLs in the address bar when open a new browser?
    my OS: Windo XP, SP3, IE7
    thanks,

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Try THIS. As far as I know, it's the only way.

To open the Registry Editor, click Start > Run > type regedit

5. momtaz

momtaz Thread Starter

it doesnt really deal with the registry,
    i am not willing to receive such unclear answers, just consuming time for no thing

6. cybersloth

cybersloth

momtaz, think about this, where do you think the computer would store information of this type?

the registery is where windows and it's aplications store much of the customisation information for your computer.

If the method that I have sudjusted has not worked then folow the instructions that Phantom010 has posted.

Alternativly you could install FireFox and use the private browsing feature when visiting sites that you do not want other users to know about

Firefox is free, here is the link:
    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/ie.html

c...

7. momtaz

momtaz Thread Starter

I do know how to finf the registry... and then what??
    all what about is to delet a certain URL from the browser history.. that's all !!

Kindly do not recommand me to install firefox or what ever...
    I have asked a clear question: if possibly to provide a clear and specified solution with following step by step and within my OS and IE specification, I will appreciate, if not possible, is ok that's fine,

8. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

9. momtaz

momtaz Thread Starter

usually when i post a question here, i get perfect answers from the first response...
    today I am geeting just losy timer waster replies, I do not appreciate these nonsenses, and enough replies phantom or what u call urself...

10. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

Phantom010 has given you a very clear and specific answer. If you do not wish to click on the link he's provided and read the instructions there in the article "Delete a specific URL at the Internet Explorer Address Bar History," then we can close this thread since a reply from anyone cannot get much more specific and clear than that. If you do not wish to read the article provided, that's fine, but please do not continue to insult those who are trying to give you the answer you are looking for.

If you are done here, then please click the "solved" button at the top left of the thread.

11. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    momtaz, the replies you are getting are NOT nonsense, they actually are giving you the method to this if you have clicked the link as being instructed to do so.

Have you clicked on Phantom's link(click on the underlined word THIS) and it will take you the complete instructions.

12. momtaz

momtaz Thread Starter

To: LauraMJ
    you are Admin.. and you can easily verify all my old posts.. always being very very thankful for eveyone.. and almost I am getting very good and professional solutions by followig clear steps.. from members and I do reply thanks to them.. always I do and satisfied,

but, such "click here" something risky i do not trust
    thanks anyway,

Kindly do close or delete this thread at once, to end up this issue,
    with best regards

13. Tufenuf

Tufenuf

momtaz, Phantom's link spells out what you need to do. If you're afraid of editing the registry then go to the link below and you'll find programs to dowload which can accomplish wjat you want to do.

http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&source=...=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=e751b818faa768f4

http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&source=...=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=e751b818faa768f4

Here's one to try.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/iehv.html

People who help with problems are doing it for Free and don't need to see the type of responses you posted. You won't get much help in the future with your attitude.

14. momtaz

momtaz Thread Starter

thanks for ALLLLLLL

15. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

If this is something that concerned you, you did not say so, but rather simply dismissed it as "nonsense." A better approach would have been to ask what the link contained, rather than casting insults on the poster. Had you asked about your concerns politely, we would have been happy to have explained the link and that posting the link in that manner was common usage on forums in general.

Had you gone to the linked page, you would have seen that because of copyrights, Phantom could not simply copy and paste the instructions here, that website forbade doing so; therefore the only thing possible was to link to that page.

Thread closed.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917834

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice