1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: how to do something too

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by slipped2, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. slipped2

slipped2 Thread Starter

I I need to know how to get this font larger for one thing. But my BIG problem is how to get the picitures my camera transferred in to folders OUT of the folders so I can put them in Ravelry (my online knitting club). AND I would like to shrink the picture file in to a window about 1;2 a page so I can have Ravelry in the other half and I can drag the pictures over.

Can anyone help me? I'm just using the regular Vista application. No add ons, no frills.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi slipped2, and welcome to TSG

What font are you referring to?

Does your club's web site have a way of dragging and dropping you picture files to add them to the web site? If not, do they have any kind of FAQ section that tells you how you can upload pictures to the web site?

3. slipped2

slipped2 Thread Starter

I will be able to drag a picture from my picture file to my site on Ravelry if I can get both on my monitor at the same time. The answer to your question is yes. I was able for a short time to use Flickr photos but somehow I got two Flickr accounts with the same name and now neither works. I asked Flickr for help on this. They say it is Ravelry's problem. Ravelry has not been able to solve it for three months. But the alternative is to go directly from my Picture file on my computer. They tell you that you can drag photos from your computer. I just don't know how to get Ravelry and picture file on the screen at the same time. AND HOW DO I GET THE PICTURES OUT OF THE FOLDERS?

4. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
    You never mentioned Flickr in your first post. I thought you were trying to upload pictures from folders on your computer.

As for viewing your picture folders on your computer and the Ravelry site at the same time, can't you just adjust the size of your web browser window that is showing the Ravelry site to a bit less than half your your computer screen size and then adjust the size and position of the Windows Explorer window to be next to the browser window

5. slipped2

slipped2 Thread Starter

How do I GET THOS TWO WINDOWS SIDE BY SIDE and How DO I GET THE PICTURES OUT OF THE PICTURES OUT OF THE FOLDERS THAT MY CAMERA TRANSFER AUTOMATICALLY PUTS THEM IN? i GUESS IM COMPUTER ILLITERATE. as I explained, I can't use Flicker, Thats why I didn't mention it the first time. I AM trying to transfer files from my computer.

6. slipped2

slipped2 Thread Starter

1. How do I get the two windows side by side?
    2. How do I get the pictures out of the folders in the picture file on my computer?

7. slipped2

slipped2 Thread Starter

Ok so they were stupid questions. I solved them myself. Thanks for putting up with me.

8. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
    No problem. At least you saved me from creating a set of pictorial instructions on how to resize and move a window. :)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!