1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: How to extract corrupt .rar files?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by SparkPlugBolt, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SparkPlugBolt

SparkPlugBolt Thread Starter

Hi,

I have a file that is divided into 76 .rar files. I tried double clicking part1.rar file which is a self-extracting archive. The extraction process took quite long and then it stopped saying "files corrupted".

I opened the file using winrar, and a message was shown that a certain file has "corrupt header".

Now the file/files are really important, and there are no second copies. How do I extract all the files including the corrupt ones?

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Where did you obtain those 76 .rar files from, and what program/suite are they associated with?

----------------------------------------------------------------

3. SparkPlugBolt

SparkPlugBolt Thread Starter

These are business folders containing videos, images and documents. They are not associated with any particular suite. Only after extracting them, can they be opened.

4. 20_2_Many

20_2_Many

Sometimes - using winrar - you can get around CRC and Header errors by selecting Extract To, and choosing the Keep Broken Files option.

5. hewee

hewee

winrar also has a repair that may work.

May have to if you do not see the repair button to go to options, settings, toolbar, buttons and then put a check by the repair.

6. gocci

gocci

Hey, I just found you here. I have a corrupted TAR.GZ file. You mentioned a software here that supports multiple archives recovery? Is it able to repair corrupted TAR.GZ archive? Have you ever tried to repair a TAR.GZ archive? I need your help. The archive contains very important data. Please help.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!