1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: How to find game files in computer?

Discussion in 'Games' started by iGreen, May 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. iGreen

iGreen Thread Starter

I was un-installing this game called "Marine Park Empire", and in the middle of it I ended the task with "Task Manager". There should still be some files from it on my computer, correct?

If so, how do I get to them so I can delete them? It won't let me play the game unless I delete them so I can re-install them (that's what I think). When the thing pops up after I put the CD in, it says "Play", when it should say "Install". I already tried re-starting and burning another CD, but those didn't work. How do I get to those files? Or is there another way to do it?

I use Windows 7, and the game works on my brother's laptop that is also Windows 7.

2. iGreen

iGreen Thread Starter

Clicking "Play" does nothing.

3. iGreen

iGreen Thread Starter

I believe I just found a solution.

I went to My Computer and clicked on my drive with the CD in it and it shows what's in the CD, I found the "Setup" file and clicked on it..it told me it was already installed(which confirms my suspicions) and asked if I wanted to continue. I clicked "yes", but I don't know if something might happen since I will have duplicate files.

4. iGreen

iGreen Thread Starter

It works:)

5. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

Welcome to TSG! (y)

Glad you found it. For future reference, re-installing (to the same install folder) should just overwrite files as needed, not make double.

6. iGreen

iGreen Thread Starter

I couldn't find the file that I downloaded it in.

7. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

The install folder? :confused:
    Is there still an issue?
    If so what is it your looking for?

When installing you can take note of the install directory, that will be where the main files are.
    Or, once installed and you have an .exe to run whatever it is. You can right click the shortcut and select properties, then open file location.

Sometimes when it says files have been left, it is usually custom config and or save data. These are often small and harmless.
    Many games will make a save folder separate from the install directory. Often found in the Documents directory.

I didn't see that before but it is not a good idea to end an install or removal from task manager. Best to just let it finish, even if you uninstalled by mistake.
    Ending an uninstall can cause big problems. It may delete files but leave registry entries, so the system still thinks it's installed, even if it isn't.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148814

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice