Solved: how to get server to reboot after power failure

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nocluejoe

Have IBM eSeries x3400 Type 7973.

Location in area of town with frequent power failures. When power fails (and the ups runs out of battery power) the servers shut down. Once power is restored all servers except for the IBM boot up and services are continured.

How and where do I set this system to boot after power is restored?

I have something in my BIOS that does that--start up after power failure. I'd fish around there, first.

nocluejoe

only saw a couple of fields in bios that seemed to apply.
auto power restore = power on
boot fail count = enabled
Boot on POST/BIOS error = enabled.
F12 boot menu prompt = enabled

nocluejoe

having issues with installing apc powerchute. will test after installed. will open another thread if this does not correct issue. thanks for help.

Just in case you have Symantec Anti-virus on that machine. There is a known issue between Powerchute and Symantec. You will have to uninstall the AV, install Powerchute then install Symantec again for it to work properly.

nocluejoe

Not sure if a way to re-open a thread.

I installed UPS software.

Finally called IBM. They stated this machine will not reboot automatically. That in order to have this functionality I would need to purchase a RSA II slim supervisor adaptor?

Does that sound right? Why would my system have an "auto power restore = last saved" option if it could not do. Just want to make sure I got a straight answer from IBM before I put out money.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online