1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: How to I Make a system recovery partition off a reload

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mickeymbbc, May 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mickeymbbc

mickeymbbc Thread Starter

I am completely reloading windows 7 professional. Can someone please give me instructions on how to create a system recovery Partion when or while I am completely restoring my computer to factory settings.

2. mickeymbbc

I mean how do I

3. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Is this custom built Computer or a big box computer? If Custom built, after you have your system up and running with all updates and proper drivers installed, you make an image of the system drive using something like Acronis Tru Image. That way if you need to restore the system you already have all drivers and most of the updates done. You need to store this image on an external or a second internal hard drive.

If this is a big box system that came with Win 7 it already has a Factory restore partition.

4. mickeymbbc

I know all that stuff my man. Thank you though. I want to know how to create a system recover partition after I am done reloading windows completely. Through the computer though, not third party software. There is a way to do it through windows without the disc.

5. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Perhaps one of the members with better windows knowledge will chime in soon. I have never heard of a way to make a recovery partition in from within windows.

6. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    If you used the disc that came with the computer then it will have all the partitions, including the restore partition, that was on when it left the factory.

If you used a different disc, then there is no way you can re-create a restore partition.

After the computer is fresh and set up the way you want with the junk removed and the programs you use installed and windows updated, make a full disk image either on DVDs or an external hard drive.
    You can use that image to restore the computer if Windows will not load or the hard drive needs to be replaced.

7. mickeymbbc

What if windows is already on it and I have no disc? How would I make a recover partition?

8. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    If you have no disc, then how would you load windows? If it is from the Factory Restore partition that came on the computer when you bought it you already have a restore partition.

9. mickeymbbc

No it doesnt. I reloaded it with a recovery disc from our computer store I work at. I can put my product key in and everything. We use it for reloads on many computers. I am sure you understand that anyway. I just wanted to know how to make a Recovery partition from windows. ?That was my original question? Thank you though, no worries. Someone showed me how today. You dont need a disc to re-image it at all. maybe you just didnt understand, or maybe I just confused you, or asked you wrong. My apologies!!.. I know how now.

Thanks again

10. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    I am glad you have it sorted out. My preference is using an image that I made of the boot drive. Though on new laptops sometimes I do use the Factory restore partition. I just hate the time it takes to get rid of all the crap-ware that OEM's put on new computers by default.

As you said I have never had to create a restore partition, so have never learned how to do it. And you did not ask wrong, your question was clear to me. The only question I still had was if this was an OEM Installation of windows or a Clean Install from a Retail Copy of Windows.

If you are satisfied your question is answered you can mark this as solved.

11. mickeymbbc

It was just a copy we use to reload windows if needed. Kind of like a image in a way I think. The only reason I hate using them is bc it always misses drivers. NOT Like like a OEM. Then u Have to search the manufacturer website looking for the test of the drivers ugh!!!i guess u would actually call it a refurb disc. Most computer companies I've worked at had them for emergencies if needed.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148565

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice