1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: How to install a clean copy of Windows on Sony Vaio E Series

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by acveloza, Jan 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. acveloza

acveloza Thread Starter

Hello Everyone!! I need your help & suggestion (as always) :)

I have a 2 yr old laptop in which I want to clean install, like literally going back to the clean state where I can choose what program I have to Install because there's a lot of bloatware included on my vaio.

Laptop Model
    • Sony Vaio E Series VPCEG35EG
    • Intel Core I3, 2.30 Ghz
    • Windows 7 Home Basic
    • 2gb Memory, 320 HD

Can anyone guide me if there is some special order in installing drivers? What's about the FN-Buttons? Whats about the Assist and WEB Buttons? Are they all working?

I've searched the net & I can only see guides and tutorials for Sony Vaio Windows Vista, I'm planning to upgrade my OS from Windows 7 Home Basic to Windows 7 Ultimate, I also wanted to reformat my drive, I already created my back up & I'm now in the phase of researching how would I proceed with Clean Installation.

Please Help, Thanks in advance

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Doing a clean install with a Windows 7 disc and doing a system recovery/factory restore with the laptop's built-in partition are 2 entirely different processes, so you need to understand that before you take plunge.

A clean install with a Windows 7 disc will install Windows 7 and nothing else.

A system recovery/factory restore with the laptop's built-in partition will revert it back to its original new condition, complete with all the programs and trial/demo and bloatware that came in it.

If you plan to do a clean install of Windows 7, you need to identify the necessary devices in that laptop and make sure you have the Windows 7 drivers for them.

A clean install of Windows 7 will install the drivers for some but not all of the laptop's devices, so you want to have them available so you can install the necessary ones afterwards.

Once Windows 7 is installed and all the devices are working, you can then install your desired programs and extras.

---------------------------------------------------------

If that laptop came with Windows 7 Home Basic, why do you want to switch to Windows 7 Ultimate?

Besides it being more system-hungry, it contains a lot of extras features that you probably have no need for.

3. acveloza

acveloza Thread Starter

Thank you so much for your response, now it is pretty clear to me what options I have. I don't want to keep all the bloatwares that came with my laptop so I'm doing the clean install. I also have the drivers ready. I don't have the Installer for Windows 7 Home Basic instead I bought a new one which is Windows 7 Ultimate.

4. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Windows 7 Ultimate is expensive.

Hopefully, you bought a legal copy with a legal 25-character product key so you can activate it.

You didn't say if it's the 32-bit or 64-bit version.

-------------------------------------------------------

5. acveloza

acveloza Thread Starter

Yes It is a legal copy, Microsoft supports our school organization which gives students discounts for Microsoft Softwares, I'm on my 1st year as an IT student. Anyway, it is a 64 bit computer.

6. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Okay, good. Good luck with the upgrade. (y)

Since it's a 64-bit version, you might want to add another 2 GB of RAM. I'm pretty sure it supports at least 4 GB of RAM.

7. acveloza

acveloza Thread Starter

Can I add it right after I install? Or should I buy a ram first?

8. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    You can wait and increase the RAM from 2 GB to 4 GB after you get that laptop up and running.

Make sure to disconnect the charger and remove the laptop battery and ground yourself first before adding/installing RAM modules.

----------------------------------------------------------

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1117935

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice