1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: How to make Firefox remember passwords

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by mxbolno2011, Jun 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mxbolno2011

mxbolno2011 Thread Starter

I have Windows XP Home Edition and use Firefox to browse the web. On many websites, like this one, my password is saved so I just click login when I go to the site... For other websites, Firefox does not give me the option to "Remember" password... I am relatively sure that I did not click "Never for this site" at any time for these sites (such as Yahoo!), but in case I did, is there a way to erase these preferences? Is there any other reason that Firefox wouldn't prompt me to "Remember" a password for a particular site?

2. hewee

hewee

You check the box where you login at to remember password and then a box pops up and you click remember for this site or something like that. But this site and some others that are Powered by vBulletin it will not bring up the password manager so your have to login each time you come here if you don't keep the cookies for this site.
    Then a site may need JavaScript to be running to bring things up to remember you.
    You can go to tools, options, privacy and check the setting button and make sure the save passwords box is unchecked.
    Then go to tools, options, security tab and put a checkmark in the "Remember passwords for sites" box and click OK. Also click the exceptions button and look to see what sites are listed because they are the site you said "Never for this site" so then those sites will never ask you again so if you delete any sites from there then click the remember me when you login it will bring the box up again so you can say alway remember this site.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/721462

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice