1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: How to make printer only print in black and white?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by skyline_2k7, Nov 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. skyline_2k7

skyline_2k7 Thread Starter

hello everyone so i was wondering how do i make my printer ONLY print in black and white because everytime i restart my computer the settings go back to the default for some reason. by the way i have a Epson Workforce 500

thanks

2. K7M

K7M

I'm not sure about the Epson, I have a HP and I went to printer properties, then the advanced tab and changed the defaults to black & white, draft mode. 'See if those settings are available for you Epson

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

You have to choose "black only" in the properties in the Printer Folder in Control panel, Printers and then hit apply, not in the print screen as you print something.

4. skyline_2k7

these are the settings that i have on my computer now, but when i restart my computer the settings will automatically be reverted to the the text and Image box and then the black only will be UN-checked

[​IMG]

5. Rich-M

Rich-M

After setting it there did you hit apply and OK? Is the time and date on your taskbar on the bottom right of screen correct?

6. skyline_2k7

ok guys i fixed it thanks for alll of your help :)

7. Rich-M

Rich-M

Welcome, what worked!

8. skyline_2k7

i just started to mess around with it, and first i hit black and white only that didnt work, so then i tried color and hit apply then ok then i tried black and white only again and then i hit apply and then ok and finally it worked thank you guys!!! :)

9. Rich-M

Rich-M

Great why not mark this solved as you can in the first post!

10. skyline_2k7

uhh i already did when i said

"ok guys i fixed it thanks for alll of your help :) "

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/765043