1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: how to open form without open access window

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Jayabhadra, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jayabhadra

Jayabhadra Thread Starter

I am working on database for user who completely blind to microsoft access. So I make a form for them to work with.

Since the access window is kind of distracting, does anybody know how to open form without the access window open?

Thanks in advance! :)

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

What program would you use to open the file if not Access? If you can find one that has a minimal window, you can use that.

3. Jayabhadra

Thanks for your reply. A friend of mine said he once made a database with only the form visible. It's a long time ago so maybe using access 2003, but he forgot how to do it..

Can anyone help? Thanks

4. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

You can completely hide the Access database window, look at the Startup options.

5. Jayabhadra

Is it in access options? I am using access 2007 btw. Which tab should i choose? have tried it this afternoon but can not find it.

Thanks OBP

6. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Yes well that is the nice working interface that Office & Access 2007 uses.
    Try
    MS Office Button>Access Options>Current Database.

7. Jayabhadra

Wow, thanks for your reply. I have tried uncheck the "display navigation pane" and "allow full menu". It's working hiding all the button but the window still open. Is this what you mean? And it is customize in access option so if the user open it in different computer it will be visible again, right?

8. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

I don't know as I have Access 2003.

9. Jayabhadra

can you print screen the resulting database after hiding the access window (2003)? i'll just make sure that's the one my friend was talking abt. thanks!

10. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Would this be what you want?

Attached Files:

11. Jayabhadra

My friend said the access window is completely hidden, but I guess yours is ok, at least the user won't screwed up my tables and queries. If you know any other way pls let me know.

Thanks!

12. rulerpeaceful

rulerpeaceful

[​IMG]

How skilled are you with the VBA language? We recently had an interesting thread on this. In this thread we were able to hide the MS Access application and show the form only. Your form must be set to popup and Modal. Let me know if this helps at all. There are ways to resize the application window and hide the menus etc. just depends on what approach you would like to take.

13. Jayabhadra

I'm quite new with VBA language. Don't understand every detail syntax but have done some commands in my form using google. So just copying the code used by others. But I do know how to make my form pop up. Can you explain "modal"? Pls help if you know how, since completely hiding access window will make my database have a really good package ^^. Thx

14. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

As rulerpeaceful says you can use VBA to hide the window when all Forms are set to Popup, apparently you shouldn't need Modal as well.
    You need an Autexec macro to run the following code in a Module

fAccessWindow ("Minimize", False, False)

So you need to create a Module and then create a macro called Autoexec to "call" the new Module.

15. Jayabhadra

Really sorry but I don't know what a module is, I am quite new to coding.. Can you explain more?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1040789