1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: How to partition my USB thumb drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Book, Jun 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Book

Book Thread Starter

Hello,

I've been trying to make 2 or more partitions on my USB thumb drive. I've searched the web, and people have said that it would be better if I didn't create any partitions, but I don't know why and I really need to do this. So I also searched for software, but no software I found had the option to JUST install it and then manage the partitions on my drive. All of them needed to create a boot disk, then do other unnecessary stuff that I just don't have the time to do (or even read their HUGE manuals). Plus, all of them refered to HDDs not USB drives (though I suspect this isn't a major obstacle). So, do you know of a simple utility, that will give the the ability to create 2 partitions on my USB thumb drive, and then format them using my desired file system? That's all I need.

2. EnfoToad

EnfoToad

3. Book

Book Thread Starter

Great! Partition Manager from Paragon worked perfectly! Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/725639