1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: How to Plug the Power Cables on the Mother Board?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NeedHelpWithTech, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NeedHelpWithTech

NeedHelpWithTech Thread Starter

So i have a really old computer. The mother board is a Asus M2N MX SE Plus and i'm having problems doing the last step which is plugging in those Power cables to actually turn on the computer. So there's a 2 pin with the label, "Power sw", another 2 pin with the label. "H.D.D Led", another 2 pin with the label, "Power Led" and lastly a 3 pin with the label, "Power Led E". On the mother board, i know where the panel is for these cables but i just don't know where each one goes. There's intotal of 9 pins with 4 on top and 5 on the bottom. Please if someone knows where to put each on this old motherboard pleaseeee tell me :)

Attached Files:

2. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    hey there try this:

Attached Files:

3. NeedHelpWithTech

I've seen that before. Im not sure how to exactly read it. If you do can you tell me step by step?

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You plug the Power SW from the case into the two pins labelled PWRSW or PWRBTN. Doesn't matter which way.

You plug the H.D.D. LED cable into the pins marked IDE_LED or HDD LED. If the front HDD light doesn't blink when the PC is running simply flip the connector around.

Then you use one of the two Power LED cables and connect it to PLED or PWR LED. Same as the HDD, if it doesn't light up when on then flip the connector around.

5. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    Wow...I got off last night right after that post. Sorry I didn't know you posted a reply that quick. What Rob said above is the correct way to do it. Sorry I didn't get back to you last night, NeedHelpWithTech

6. NeedHelpWithTech

What do you mean by flip? So i turn plug them in with the words facing me and <---> (This way). By flip wud i place it in vertically or with the words flipping away from me?

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  8. NeedHelpWithTech

Huh i did everything but for some reason when i try to turn on my computer there's no light nor orange light nor the beep sound when the computer turns on?

9. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Does the computer actually boot up and display and show something on the screen?

10. NeedHelpWithTech

Ahaha Thanks it boots up and displays stuff on the monitor. That's all i care about, don't need the lights :) lol light2complicated :x

11. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    If the lights don't work then the polarity is reversed on them. This is where you need to flip or rotate them 180 degrees and plug them back into the same connectors.

12. NeedHelpWithTech

Ahh Thanks :) Problem solvedd !!

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1128106

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice