1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: How to prevent login box from appearing at startup in Windows xp

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Bradford, Jun 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bradford

Bradford Thread Starter

I cannot figure out how to prevent log on to window box from appearing during startup. I go to user accounts then to change the way users log on or off but I get an error message: Client services for netware has disabled the welcome screen and fast user switching. To restore these features you must uninstall client services for netware. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. EvileYe

EvileYe

Go to your Control Panel and open up Network Connections, and right click the local area connection icon,click Properties and highlight Client Services for Netware and click uninstall.

3. Bradford

Bradford Thread Starter

I don`t see Client Services for Netware . All I have are 4 items: Client for Microsoft Networks, File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks, Qos Packet Scheduler,Internet Protocol [TCP/IP]. Thanks , Brad

4. pr0t3st

pr0t3st

Have you checked ALL your connection properties (LAN, Dialup, etc)? It is also possible that the "Client Services for Netware" item may be hidden from view... Try reinstalling it -- don't worry, you won't end up with 2 netware clients, reinstalling will just overwrite the existing one. The main purpose to doing this is to make the "Client Services for Netware" item visible so you can uninstall it.

5. mike5532g

mike5532g

6. Bradford

Bradford Thread Starter

I`m still not sure exactly what I need to do, What do I need to reinstall? I think this problem started when my Linksys firewall router was unplugged last night.

7. EvileYe

EvileYe

How did you solve this ?

8. Bradford

Bradford Thread Starter

I did as prOt3st advised and reinstalled Client for Microsoft Networks. This brought up Client Services for Netware which I then uninstalled then restarted computer and went to User Accounts and I was able to change the way users log on or off. Thanks for all who helped with my problem! Brad

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/368677

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice