1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: how to reduce screen size

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by pedroguy, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pedroguy

pedroguy Thread Starter

Hi:Trying to assist a friend who has an ACER LAPTOP RUNNING Vista home 32 bit.
    The problem is that yesterday using gmail she said she opened an email attachment which was a picture.All well and good,but the next time she booted up the googe/gmail page was larger,side to side then would fit on her monitor screen.
    Since I only have XP on my pc's I looked at display properties etc on her pc but nothing that I looked at and tried seemed to make any difference.I did not want to mess too much with her pc,so here I am.
    Would appreciate some tips on how to reduce the screen size,(probably has something to do with resolution) but not sure.
    Did a few re-starts,but,no joy.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer.

2. pedroguy

pedroguy Thread Starter

3. kenny111111

kenny111111

sounds like a bug,better run some scans to be safe!!!
    here is a good one to scan with. (and its free) download from the GREEN button..

good luck

Attached Files:

4. Veryfrustratedus

Veryfrustratedus

I suspect she closed the browser with the photo in it and then shutdown. this resized the browser.
    Can she see the borders of the page? If not grab the top and move it to one side or the other until you can see the side border of the browser. grab the boarder and drag it to the opposite side until it is half way or more then drag the top the other direction and when you see the other border do the same.
    when it is all accessible on the desktop resize it to the size she wants it to open at then close the browser. The next time she opens it it should be that size.

5. pedroguy

pedroguy Thread Starter

Very;Great idea.When we get it looking good on the screen,how do I "resize" it?
    Will closing the browser do it or do I have to go back to monitor properties and do something ?

Thanks

6. Veryfrustratedus

Veryfrustratedus

the same way just drag the edges to where you want them then close the browser. It should open in the same size. make sure all other browser windows are closed just have the one window open.

7. Veryfrustratedus

Veryfrustratedus

has it worked?

8. pedroguy

pedroguy Thread Starter

have not been back to my friend's yet.Will try tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks

9. pedroguy

pedroguy Thread Starter

OK:Fixed.The zoom setting in the lower right corner had somehow been set to 150%
    Changed it to 100% and ,back to normal.
    Had to do it again on some individual pages,but all is well now.
    FYI:Very,there were no borders that I could grab.

Thanks

10. Veryfrustratedus

Veryfrustratedus

I meant the edge of the browser window. I see now that I didn't understand you meant the display inside the browser window.

11. pedroguy

pedroguy Thread Starter

Hi:I'm back with another question.
    My friend uses Gmail as her emal client.
    She describes the problem as:
    Typing an email and the screen size changes to 150% as she is composing the email.
    This is intermittent so I cannot reproduce it at will.
    She has not opened any attachments or closed any browser window.
    I know this is sketchy but that's all I know right now.
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

12. Veryfrustratedus

Veryfrustratedus

Possibly hitting wrong keys inadvertantly? I don't know. There is an email specific forum here on Tech support guy maybe if you post there they will know.

13. pedroguy

pedroguy Thread Starter

Will try to make it fail and see why.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/891621