1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: How to restore my contact back on Iphone

Discussion in 'Apple Mobile Devices' started by agbe981, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. agbe981

agbe981 Thread Starter

i wanted to sync my contacts on my iphone 3gs running IOS 6.1 to my outlook . I dont know what I did but it seems all my contacts on the phone is gone. now my phone shows no contact. can someone please help me out?

2. ETech7

ETech7

Your itunes should have backup of it.

3. simsboy27

simsboy27

Either that, or if you had iCloud setup then that should have your contacts backed up as well.

4. agbe981

agbe981 Thread Starter

I have not backed up to icloud b4. i trying syncing with itune but no contact was transferred to my phone. i used iphone backup extractor and i can see the backup intune on my file system but how to restore is the problem now

5. drmacpccom

drmacpccom

Usually you have to put the phone in DFU mode:

http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/DFU_Mode

Once you put your phone into this mode, you will need to restore the backup file that you have using the itunes program. This should put the contacts back if you backed them up. I hope this helps.

6. agbe981

agbe981 Thread Starter

I have restored my contact back. I connected iphone to itune, right clicked on my iphone at the left side, then i clicked on restore from backup. then i selected from the backup files available on itune.

7. williambjacobs

williambjacobs

thank you for this!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!