1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: How to see a new hardware

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Boothbay, Nov 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Boothbay

Boothbay Account Closed Thread Starter

I bought one of those hd 3.5 enclosures. I connected all ports..to my net book..usb, ps/2 and etc. The product is suppose to be hot swapable and plug and play. After booting the pc, i did not get the usual plug and play notification...so i went to device manager and saw no yellow marks..but do not know what to look for...just to see if my product is even working...The last thought that came to mind, which i have not done at this writing, is that maybe it has something to do with the jumper on my hd. Anyone else had experience with these inexpensive enclosures? many people swear by them. Absolutely no instructions came with it.

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

What is the exact make and model of the netbook?

I often run into this same situation> have you restarted the machine with the drive plugged in?

Try that a few times, let us know if it helps.

And yes, there could be a jumper issue> if it's a SATA there would not be any jumpers.

For an IDE drive, make sure you look at the diagrams on front, set it to CS or slave.

Reboot.

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You said you bought an enclosure and connected it to computers. Did you put a hard drive in it? Is it connected properly to the enclosure?

4. Boothbay

Boothbay Account Closed Thread Starter

All is well it turned out that the ac power cord plug was defective. I have many of them from past machines and saved them. Picked one and all is fine now..thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026419

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice