1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: how to stop a Window that appears on start/restart?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Ernest J, Aug 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ernest J

Ernest J Thread Starter

when I start or restart my computer I get a window that says:

Phoenix ROM BIOS Plus Version 1.10 A05
    Copyright 1985-1988 Phonix Technolgies LTD
    Copyright 1990-2003 Dell Computer Corporation All Rights Reserved

Dell System Dimension 2400 Series
    BIOS version A05
    www.dell.com

Primary drive 1 not found
    Secoundary drive 1 not found

Strike the F1 key to continue, F2 key to run the set up utility

I get this window(screen) every time I start or restart my computer. Lately I got a 1GB PC2700 stick of RAM and put it in in place of one of the 512MB PC2700 sticks. The system did not reconize the new stick even though the owners manual said that the maximum for this system is 2GB. In another area it said the maximum is 1GB? I assume that the system maximum is 1GB not 2GB. I reinstalled the 512MB and my syatem tells me that I have 1GB of RAM.(back to what I use to have). When I start/restart the machine I have to press the F1 key to start it and I never use to have to do anything but tun the machine on to start it or after the machine is running to click on the Start Button and then select Restart. Now after I tried to upgrade my RAM memory I am getting this irritating window that I never use to get. Some setting must have changed and I haven't spotted it in the set up screen?:confused: Anyone got any good ideas??

2. ozziebeanie

ozziebeanie

Go back to the manual what type of ram does your mother board take?

3. Ernest J

Ernest J Thread Starter

PC 2700 or PC2100 RAM. I believe I have a high density type and it calls for a low density type.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/850011

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice