1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: How to stop music W8 Xbox music app

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by HOBOcs, Dec 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. HOBOcs

HOBOcs Thread Starter

First looks at W8 and having difficulty with user interface (non touch computer)

I started the music app and cannot see how to stop the app it self, play music consantly, has forward pause and reverse buttons but I cannot find a way to stop the music (looks like play all is on).

Any help direction much appreciated.

I know I can Pause the music but how to I stop a song (or is it just the pause) and exit???

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

I dunno. The time I tried it I found nothing better than what you did--pause and exit. Eventually it seemed to go away, but that may have been after a restart.

3. HOBOcs

HOBOcs Thread Starter

Thanks Terry - Now I don't feel so alone...

4. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

Move your mouse to the top of the screen. The cursor should turn into a hand. Left drag the app straight down. The app should turn into a window, then a transparent window as you approach the bottom. When It does, let it go. You have closed the app.

This works for all modern apps in Windows 8.

Alternatively, on the desktop, move your mouse to the top-left corner. Your app should appear (all other apps running will also be there--you will see them peeking out of the left edge of the screen). Right-click and select Close.

5. DaveA

DaveA David Trusted Advisor

With the program active, just use the OLD time method of "Alt+4"

6. HOBOcs

HOBOcs Thread Starter

Thanks for the comfort guys..

I guess this makes sense on a tablet ... with your finger (I have to remember that the design is for the tablet)

This is what I'm using

Good one.

Don't you think it would be easy just to tap, tap somewhere to open or close??!?! (like the top left or right corner):rolleyes:

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1079198