1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: How to uninstall Windows Double Explorer / Windows Dual Pane Explorer

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by dense, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dense

dense Thread Starter

I have received an e-mail response from the creator of Windows Double Explorer / Windows Dual Pane Explorer (names seem to be interchangeable) . My apologies for not knowing the proper terms, but I hope anyone will be able to understand what I’m about to describe.

According to information provided by the creator of WDE / WDPE one uninstalls the program by doing the following:

Navigate to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs. There you should find a shortcut file (look for a file not a folder) named Windows Dual Pane Explorer. Select that shortcut file, options click and writedown the target path of the shortcut. Delete the shortcut. Navigate to the location the target path dictates. There you should find both a zipped and an unzipped folder of WDE / WDPE. Delete the folders and also any other shortcut files to WDE / WDPE that you may have created and you&#8217;re done.

Apparently WDE / WDPE is never actually installed. Instead WDE/WDPE initially downloads a folder named WDE Portable 0.3.7.0 zipped. When this download folder is launched it unzips another folder named WDE Portable 0.3.7.0 unzipped into the same directory. During the unzipping process a shortcut is created on the desktop that points back to the unzipped folder. Thusly WDE/WDPE never gets listed into Windows Control Panel&#8217;s Program Files & Features section. That&#8217;s why it can&#8217;t be uninstalled as one might ordinarily expect and why one can&#8217;t find an uninstall file for it either.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1064355

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice