1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: How to uninstall WMP 10 and install WMP 9

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by dshahen, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dshahen

dshahen Thread Starter

I am using XP home which came installed with WMP 10. I want to know how to remove it and install WMP 9. I cannot use add/remove as I do not have a rollback of WMP.

I can tell you that I have done this previously, about 1 year ago, but cannot (fully embarrassed) remember how or where I wrote the information down.

Here's hoping someone knows how I did it.

Thanks,

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO SUE

lets see if i have this straight. wmp isnt listed in your add/remove programs? it should be and if u remove it ,it will roll back automatically to wmp9. what u can do if u dont find it is reinstall wmp 10 then uninstall it. can i ask a stupid question? are u having problems with it? by the way if u arent the latest version of wmp for xp is wmp 11. hope this helps u.

3. net_newsy

net_newsy

pishbloom2 is right! It will roll back automatically.

here's a guide to roll back WMP10 to previous one

*control panel->add remove programs
    *click remove a program
    *click Windows Media Player 10
    *click change/remove

4. dshahen

dshahen Thread Starter

I had to format my computer. So I was able to roll back my WMP 10 to WMP 9. I had to uninstall a WMP hotfix, then uninstall WMP 10 which offered the roll back, then WMP media( don't recall name it is listed right under WMP 10 in add/remove). Thanks for all your help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/671752