1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: How to upgrade memory on Acer Aspire One A0722

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zimbob, Jan 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zimbob

zimbob Thread Starter

Hi all. I have a new Acer Aspire One A0722 that I got on sale for really cheap at Target. I really like the machine but sometimes Windows seems slow. I wonder if it needs more memory since I read this forum and it seems like additional memory would make things more responsive for me.

Does anybody know how to do a memory upgrade on this Acer? Pictures would be greatly appreciated as I am somewhat computer dumb and have not done anything like this before.

Thx to you in advance. Really appreciate it!!! (y)

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

It's a netbook. More memory is not going to improve the performance significantly. If you just bought it, and you think it's slow, I suggest you take it back and buy a regular laptop with a more powerful processor.

3. zimbob

zimbob Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice DoubleHelix!

I usually don't do anything very processor intensive but sometimes I open a lot of tabs or programs. Then I can really hear the hard drive working hard. The smartest techie I know told me it is disk swapping or something and that more memory may help, I can't remember exactly and I don't know what that is. But I wondered if going from 2mb of memory to 4mb of memory might help? :confused:

PS I have the right memory bought, so if somebody could help me with my original query I could report back the results whether it helps. Could really use help getting that stick installed correctly without destroying my nice netbook. Thanks in advance!

4. zimbob

zimbob Thread Starter

Well, I did even more googling and found another poor soul in the same shape as me. That led to the solution that person found, a site that had step-by-step photos on how to upgrade the acer netbook memory. (y):)(y) Yippee!

It turned out to be really easy once I found that guide. AND I can already tell a difference in performance, I don't hear the hard drive working so much anymore and when I open a bunch of tabs and programs the computer stays responsive. Anybody else with a machine like this I really encourage to go from 2GB to 4GB. My techie friend chided me for messing up on my earlier post and messing up 2mb and 4mb, duh on my part! :eek:

PS If I can scrounge an SSD I think I might upgrade that as well, the site shows that too. Then I bet this little bargain-baby should really scream ever faster!!! :cool:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1038547