Solved: How would you layout a Fluid gallery? That's centered when browser resize

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

soaringxh3n

Hi guys! I need some help!

My "Coming Soon" gallery isn't quite as organized as I like. :confused:

Most of my elements are width: 100% and all of them are great, except for my "Coming soon" gallery. When resized smaller the gallery shifts to the bottom and the space left makes the gallery look very unorganized.

How should I fix this? or how would you go about laying out this gallery?

Thanks so much for looking!

I use a table layout for things like this. It provides a grid-work of cells that gives me positional control of both the grid and grid cell content.

colinsp

Colin
I use a table layout for things like this. It provides a grid-work of cells that gives me positional control of both the grid and grid cell content.
BUT tables are not suitable for a fluid layout nor are they the recommended way of laying out page styling. I suspect that if you are seeing problems in a particular browser (probably IE) you are falling foul of the CSS Box Model and probably need some tweaks to your CSS.

soaringxh3n

Thanks guys! I've actually decided on a fixed-width layout for this small project because it's much more simple. Once I get more experience with media queries and fluid grids/layouts then I'll switch over.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online