1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: HP 2575 paper jam - no paper in printer!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sayton, Dec 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sayton

Sayton Thread Starter

I think this is similar to the thread
    HP 2575 Printer Paper Jam Error w/no paper jam
    I was trying to print 2 sheets double sided (manually).
    Side 1 printed, I reoriented the sheet, pressed OK, then the paper jammed.
    I removed the jammed paper, which tore during removal :eek:
    I tried to reprint the two sheets, and printed side one, then got a papre jam message before the reoriented paper was taken up!
    I have tried powering off and disconnecting the printer, and now have a "permanent" paper jam message.
    Can anyone tell me where the sensors are on this model? I suspect "chad" (yes, I really am old enough to know the problems chad can cause;)).
    Unfortunately, I'm also partially sighted, so I need pretty clear instructions on where to look forthe chad.
    Can anyone help please?

2. Sponsor

3. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

4. SAMF2000

SAMF2000

Printer jam errors are frustrating but I Would try unplugging the printer not just turning it off. Also unplug it from the computer, restart computer then plug printer back and plug in the power. If that still does not solve it you need to stop All printer tasks in the printers app.

5. Sayton

Sayton Thread Starter

Thanks to all who offered help, especially considering it was Christmas
    Eve :)
    I looked at all the recommended sites, took the advice on power-off sequences etc., but to no avail.:(
    Then, in desperation, I asked my wife for help (she hates Computers passionately). I carefully explained the problem (lights flashing saying "paper jam"), and opened up the back and top of the device so she could look in.
    She snorted with derision, then said "Idiot! Look, theres some paper stuck in that wheely thing.". Two minutes later, after a search in the handbag for some tweezers, my printer was back to normal.:D
    Thanks again to all concerned - you'd think after 40 years in I.T. I'd have learned that help can come from the most unlikely of sources!

I suppose the moral is - if you literally can't see what the problem is, ask someone who CAN see.

Happy New Year to all....

6. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

glad to hear its all sorted , thanks for letting us have the solution - may help others

You can mark solved - button at top of your first post

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!