Solved: HP a520 n wont boot from cd rom

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

digger747

Trying to install a new oem xp home on a HP.went into bios to have it boot from cd rom but it wont do it.have tried everything.Have to have it done by this afternoon.Thought about booting with a 98SE start up floppy and formatting drive and then trying to install but dont know if that will work.any Ideas? Any help really appreciated!

Is the BIOS actually saving the boot sequence as you want it? Check it. If not, you may need to replace the battery.

Scorp.

digger747

figured it out,first time ever i got a bad copy of windows.have a corporate edition of xp proffessional and it boots from cd fine.put oem copy of xp home in my new computer and it wont even recognize it.bought it from newegg.will send it back.thanks for the help.

I tend to think that it is the fault more of the cd-rom than the OEM disc you got from Newegg. I have that same pc and the samsung cd-rom that came installed with it was so finicky about the brand of disc I put into it that I just replaced the unit with a memorex drive for 50 dollars and I don't have problems with it anymore

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online