1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: HP all-in-one problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MN_N8VTech, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MN_N8VTech

MN_N8VTech Thread Starter

Im working on a prob. with an HP all-in-one printer. Im not sure what happened to make it stop working but its USB and will begin to install then say there was a prob. with the installation and it may not operate properly. Also, Ive uninstalled and then reinstalled the software from the disc and after that decided to try downloading the software in case the disc was bad,but now the software wont uninstall.I tried it from add/remove programs and when I click uninstall it just blinks and does nothing. I got the download completed (166mb) but it goes to 15% and gives an error and wont continue. The whole system is HP so this is quite confusing,any suggestions?

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

It would probably help if you could give the -exact- error messages received.

3. MN_N8VTech

MN_N8VTech Thread Starter

Sorry Kiwi this is already fixed. I guess I didnt post back because there were several messages and kept changing as I was trying things. Ultimately the problem was software conflict. The hardware with the problem was an HP psc 2110v, BUT... the girl put in an older piece of software than the original software which was already installed because she "liked" the features in that one. That would've maybe been fine because it was HP all-in-one software, but it was conflicting like crazy with the newer one. After about 6 hours of trying things(I really catered to them) I finally just formatted as they didnt have much on the machine, thats how I discoved what she did,because she said the thing she always used was gone,but then she remembered it was on a different disc. To which I informed her that that software cant be installed over the other, she asked,"can we take the other out?" :eek: so I did, put the old one in and it all worked. Guess shes reluctant to change.
    Thanks again,this was a doozy. But as always,Ive learned from it.

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

You can now mark your own threads solved by using the THREAD TOOLS drop down option.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325526

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice