1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: HP Deskjet 648C won't print

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by brite750, Nov 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. brite750

brite750 Thread Starter

ok, got this beast for free, plugged it in, loaded drivers, went to print a test page and, there is some clicking noise, it loads a sheet of paper and then the yellow resume light flashes, no pattern, just constant blinking. A little later a message comes up on the monitor saying print failed blah, blah, etc.. I cancel the printing jobs, and the printer spits the blank sheet out.
    Of course I'm thinking it was free for a reason, but it came from my wife's boss, he's replacing some printers and he's giving some of the old ones away, so is it busted, or am i missing something here.

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

You have to do better, now tell us exactly what the message says and leave out the "blah, blah blah"...

3. brite750

brite750 Thread Starter

hang on Rich I was at work when i posted, let me get the exact wording.

a balloon comes up and says
    document failed to print
    document name: test page
    printer name: HP Deskjet 640C/642C/648C
    time sent: 8:09:56 pm 11/30/06
    click here to open print queue and then for assistance click toubleshooter
    on help menu

thats it

4. brite750

brite750 Thread Starter

hey I checked the ink cartridges the color one was completely fubar, the black one still had the blue strip over the jet, LOL so i thought that would do it. however after removing the color one and just running the black one it still does the same thing.

5. brite750

brite750 Thread Starter

i have a feeling i'll have to take a chance and buy new ink cartridges, really didnt want to do that, I'm sure its big $$$, if the printer works, fine if its broke then i'm out the cost of cartridges, heck

6. brite750

brite750 Thread Starter

think i got it, i cleaned the color jet area with q-tip/90% alcohol, put it back in and it started doing its alignment thing and printed test page, seems to be ok.

7. Rich-M

Rich-M

Glad you got it...I had a feeling it was the cartridges...there is an old trick where you hold them over a whistling tea kettle one at a time that helps sometimes/

8. brite750

brite750 Thread Starter

LOL, yeah we have these Designjet 600 drafting plotters with very similar inks carts at work, i love it when folks forget to take off the blue tape stuff, tea huh, I could go for some right about now.
    silly me for thinking i could just plug this in and it would work.;)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/522855

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice