Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: HP Deskjet 648C won't print

3K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  brite750 
#1 ·
ok, got this beast for free, plugged it in, loaded drivers, went to print a test page and, there is some clicking noise, it loads a sheet of paper and then the yellow resume light flashes, no pattern, just constant blinking. A little later a message comes up on the monitor saying print failed blah, blah, etc.. I cancel the printing jobs, and the printer spits the blank sheet out.
Of course I'm thinking it was free for a reason, but it came from my wife's boss, he's replacing some printers and he's giving some of the old ones away, so is it busted, or am i missing something here.

#3 ·
Rich-M said:
You have to do better, now tell us exactly what the message says and leave out the "blah, blah blah"...
hang on Rich I was at work when i posted, let me get the exact wording.

a balloon comes up and says
document failed to print
document name: test page
printer name: HP Deskjet 640C/642C/648C
time sent: 8:09:56 pm 11/30/06
click here to open print queue and then for assistance click toubleshooter
on help menu

thats it

#4 ·
hey I checked the ink cartridges the color one was completely fubar, the black one still had the blue strip over the jet, LOL so i thought that would do it. however after removing the color one and just running the black one it still does the same thing.

#5 ·
i have a feeling i'll have to take a chance and buy new ink cartridges, really didnt want to do that, I'm sure its big $$$, if the printer works, fine if its broke then i'm out the cost of cartridges, heck

#6 ·
think i got it, i cleaned the color jet area with q-tip/90% alcohol, put it back in and it started doing its alignment thing and printed test page, seems to be ok.

#8 ·
Rich-M said:
Gald you got it...I had a feeling it was the cartridges...there is an old trick where you hold them over a whistling tea kettle one at a time that helps sometimes/
LOL, yeah we have these Designjet 600 drafting plotters with very similar inks carts at work, i love it when folks forget to take off the blue tape stuff, tea huh, I could go for some right about now.
silly me for thinking i could just plug this in and it would work.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.