1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] HP Deskjet 672C Printer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Lori 1, Nov 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

I have recently reinstalled my printer software, uninstalled, and reinstalled again, and it still won't work. I get the error message theres no comunication to my printer all though it printed out the aline and test page, I have win 98 SE, Internet exp.5 itys acting really strange. I just put two new ink cartraiges in it. Any one got any ideas on this one?:confused:

2. Jtoast

Jtoast

Have you checked all your cable connections? Tried a different printer cable?

Are you using USB or paralell?

Did it work before you installed the cartridges and then quit? or work for a while then stop.

3. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

Yes I have checked all the connections.I don't have another
    printer cable to try,I am using a Parallel port, and yes come to think about it, it did start having problems before I stopped using it.

4. Jtoast

Jtoast

What make/model printer?

in the meantime generic suggestions...

1) check your paralell port in the bios. make sure its set forECP, EPP, SPP , whatever your printer calls for (refer to your manual)

2) uninstall the printer, boot into safe mode and remove all the printer ports.
    3) reboot.
    4) try to reinstall again.

5. slipe

slipe

Make sure to follow the HP install instructions. HP printers on parallel connections usually install as regular software after canceling out of the “New hardware found” box.

In addition to Jtoast’s suggestions you might also try these.

Start>Settings>Printers and make sure there is only one instance of your printer. Delete any extras. You might delete them all and uninstall the software from Add/Remove programs. Then try the install again if you didn’t do that on any of your previous reinstalls – installing in safe mode is a good idea. You might try an updated driver for the new install if you do that. http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/softwa...pe=software&prodId=dj670c&sw_lang=en&_lang=en

Right click My Computer>Properties>Device Manager and double left click on Ports (Comm and LPT). Make sure the LPT port is OK without any yellow exclamation marks and make sure the port is listed as EPP or ECP.

6. Lori 1

Lori 1 Thread Starter

I checked things like you said to do and didn't find any problems,
    so I tryed to copy and print off what you had posted, and Guess what? It's working again,lol at least for now:) Thanks again everyone.

7. slipe

slipe

I guess it just wanted some attention. Glad its working.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/102687

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice