Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Hp deskjet cannot print (spool error)

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  markomus 
#1 ·
For some reason when I started to use the above printer today I got the error message up about the spool subsystem app not running. I googled the message and have tried everything to get it working that was on the Microsoft website. I have stopped the spool running and restarted it to no avail. I booted up in Safe mode and proceeded to follow the instrucions on MS `s site deleting all the registry keys it stated, but it still keeps appearing, can anyone please help me?

I am running XP Home SP3, and until this morning was running fine..

#2 ·
Have you tried reinstalling everything related to the printer? (Specifically, that would involve uninstalling the printer and all software, disconnecting your printer, cleaning out the registry values, restarting your computer, and then following the installation instructions exactly)

You also might see if there is an update available to the software. Check that out and then if it doesn't work, try reinstalling as recommended above.

Also, is there anything you would suspect to be the cause? What I mean is, when I asked that, was there a part of you that immediately said, "Well it could be 'thus and such,'" but you almost as immediately dismissed it as "no, that couldn't be the problem"?

#5 ·
The spooler (AKA the Print Buffer) could need to be cleared of whatever you have in it.

Down by the clock on your Desktop should be a number of icons, one or two of which should look like a printer (one might actually LOOK like your printer - oddly, choose the one that looks like a generic printer). Clicking on this will bring up the print buffer (spooler) in a small window, and will show you all jobs waiting to print. While holding the left button on the mouse, swipe over all jobs shown and hit your DELETE key on your keyboard (answer YES to the prompt that will pop up).

If this is not what is showing up, what Markomus said is correct - somehow, someway your printer's software got corrupted. What model HP are we working with here? Is it connected with a USB cable or that large clunky parallel cable?

A-N

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.