1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: HP dv6-6c 16nr Integrated webcam has stopped working...

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by hamidimran100, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hamidimran100

hamidimran100 Thread Starter

Hi forum members,
    I've bought HP Pavilion dv6-6c 16nr laptop 2 months back and the webcam was working perfectly. Yesterday I found in a video chat that it is not working and not even being detected in the device manager, when i start youcam application it gives and error. "Warning, no webcam detected. Try plugging in a webcam into your computer now. If you are using an integrated camera, make sure that it is turned on."
    Because it was working fine just one day ago so I think it might be some windows or other application update which has caused the problem but havn't found any solution yet. Please give some solution.
    waiting for a quick response......

HP Pavilion dv6-6c 16nr with Windows 7 Home Premium

2. mel8again

mel8again

Most laptops have an FN key in the lower left of the keyboard. Hold down the FN key and look along the top of the F keys for a webcam. Click on the F key and the webcam should then work.

I found the manual for your computer and my idea apparently is not going to work. As it's only 2 months old I would get HP support on the phone. The manual is at http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4063&product=5218522&sw_lang=&=& buy it doesn't seem to answer your question.l

3. hamidimran100

Thanx "mel8again" for your time considering to solve my problem, My laptop doesn't have any F key for the webcam and actually i did contacted hp support on phone and they want me to send unit to hp service center and wait for 2 or 3 weeks to get it back which i don't want that's why I was trying to find out if someone has got the same issue and has solved it without sending it to hp.

4. mel8again

mel8again

If HP wants it back there can't be a simple answer to your problem or they would have told you. Send it back.

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

I have an HP dv6 (different model from yours) with webcam; the webcam appears in the Device Manager regardless of whether it is on or off. If you do not want to take advantage of your warranty you can use an external webcam or pay a local shop to fix it (and hope they don't ruin something else).

6. hamidimran100

Finally I've left with no option other than to send my laptop to HP service Center. They've told me that the webcam connector has internally disconnected and I've to wait for a week to get that fix. Thanks everyone who tried to answer the question.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1064290